2023 Goals: 6 Ways To Raise Your Chance At Successfully Achieving Everything You Desire
It’s that time of year again – a new cycle has started, and the promise of a clean slate is upon us.
Whether you call them New Year goals or resolutions, they can be daunting, with no guarantee of results! However, by considering a few simple means to help, you can increase your chances of success in reaching your goals for 2023. Read on for some tips that could take you to the finish line.
1. Effective Goal-Setting
No matter what your resolutions are for the new year, setting goals is the key to achieving them. By setting realistic, achievable goals, you increase your chances of success.
Here are some tips to help you set goals that will lead to success:
- Be specific. Your goals should be clear and concise. This will make them easier to achieve.
- Make sure your goals are achievable. If your goal is too ambitious, you may get discouraged and give up before you reach it.
- Set a time frame for your goal. This will help you stay on track and motivated to achieve it.
- Write down your goals. Ideally, somewhere you will see them every single day, such as on a whiteboard or post-it notes next to your mirror. This will serve to remind you constantly of what you have committed to achieving.
- Share your goals with others. When you tell others about your resolutions, you increase your sense of commitment and accountability.
If you want to be successful in achieving your New Year’s resolutions, you need to be accountable. That means being honest with yourself about whether or not you’re doing the things you need to do to reach your goals. It also means being willing to accept help and support from others.
One way to increase your accountability is to share your resolutions with others. Tell your friends, family, or co-workers what you’re hoping to achieve and ask them to check in with you periodically. Having people who are rooting for you will make it more likely that you’ll stay on track.
3. Make a Plan
There is nothing more daunting than a big goal with no clear path to getting there. The best way to create a path is to break down the journey to achieving your goals into small steps.
- Research: Learn all you can about the goal and any related resources, like skills that can help you get there, books, or advice from a mentor.
- Prioritise: Lay out the steps needed in order of importance according to your timeline and adjust as needed. For example, if your goal is to increase your fitness, prioritise small but effective daily workouts rather than long endurance tests. Or, if your goal is to have created a course to sell, what do you need to have in place to make the rest easier? Perhaps a good audio and video setup, along with a detailed lesson plan?
- Make a Schedule: Establish daily/weekly/monthly deadlines for completing each step and mark them on your calendar to keep yourself accountable.
- Monitor Progress: Step back at regular intervals to see how far you’ve come, celebrate your successes, identify potential obstacles and adjust your plan accordingly to stay on track.
- Seek Help: If any part of the journey is proving too difficult, seek support from friends, family, or professional organisations who can offer an objective perspective or provide the necessary skills to get past any roadblocks in the way of success.
4. Reward Yourself For Small Achievements
One key way to keep yourself making progress is to establish rewards that will keep you moving, step by step, in the right direction.
If you have big goals in mind, like losing 20 pounds or saving a certain amount of money, break them down into smaller achievable goals. Then reward yourself each time you reach one.
For instance, if you’re trying to save money, say a goal of saving $1,000, set aside $60 each month – $50 towards your savings and $10 towards a treat for yourself.
By providing positive reinforcement and making progress toward your goals feel more tangible, you can make the whole process much more fun and desirable.
5. Keep a Journal
One of the most effective ways to increase your chances of successfully achieving your New Year’s resolutions is to keep a journal. Doing so will help you track your progress, reflect on your successes and failures, and identify any potential obstacles in your way.
Use it to write down what you plan to do each day, what you have accomplished each day, and the daily progress you have made along the path you have outlined to reach your goal.
When it comes to journaling for success, there are a few key things to keep in mind. First, be sure to set aside some time each day or week specifically for reflection. This will ensure that you’re regularly thinking about your goals and how you’re progressing towards them. Secondly, be as honest as possible with yourself in your journaling – this is not the time to sugarcoat anything! Lastly, don’t be afraid to get creative – try using different mediums such as writing, drawing, or even audio recording to document your journey.
6. Focus on Possibilities
One of the most powerful motivators to reaching a goal is to think about what that achievement can then lead onto. What possibilities lie in store for you once you have reached your goal?
For example, if your goal is to find a new job, then focus on what that means. Will it give you financial security to be able to do things you couldn’t do before? How about opportunities for career progression or being able to start a business with the extra income?
Or if your goal is to save money, think about what could happen when you reach your target. It could open up possibilities such as taking that dream holiday you’ve always wanted or being able to buy a house sooner than you thought.
Sometimes it’s the possibilities beyond the goal that can then give us the energy we need to achieve our goals.
Achieving goals is never going to be a walk in the park and will always require a certain amount of effort on your part. By following the simple guidelines set out above, you will have the tools to achieve anything you want at your fingertips.
Start 2023 off right by committing to yourself and increasing your chances of success in achieving your New Year’s Resolutions.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!